If one is planning to buy a new air cooler and is confused about how to select the best air cooler in India, then this article can surely help you out in choosing the best air cooler for you. One must be thinking which air cooler is the best for use. A thorough research has been done in order to guide the consumers for buying the best air cooler.
Air coolers are one of the essential appliances and have gathered a huge popularity in the recent times. It is trending during the summer days in India. Places like Delhi, Rajasthan, Hyderabad, Gujarat etc; have very hot summer season and to stay alive and survive the hot weather, an air cooler is much needed. There are several different brands and types of room cooler available in the market and it is very difficult for a person to choose one among all. However, to choose the best air coolers dependson your requirements. You need to know how to choose the best cooler in India and for that here we have a detailed guide on that and also reviews on the top 10 best air coolers in India.
In this post, I’ll show you the 10 best air coolers in India that you can buy online. Here is an overview:
Our Picks for Top Air Coolers in India
When I searched for an air cooler to buy, I was overwhelmed by so much choices. I researched for more than a week and found the best air coolers in India. Most of the other sites just list the bestseller products in a hurry. Always remember: “A bestseller product is not always the best; and the best product is not always a bestseller”.
So I always take the specifications, reviews, recommendations, etc to find the best product. So in this post, I have written the list of top 10 air coolers in India you can buy right now. SALE 1,952 Reviews Symphony Diet 12T 12 Litre Air Cooler (White)
- Cooler type: Personal Cooler; suitable for spot cooling or cooling smaller spaces withing your room
- Capacity: 12 Litres; Ideal for room size up to 28 m3/ 1000 ft3
- Product dimensions (LxBxH): 30.0 cm x 33.0 cm x 84.5 cm
₹ 5,498 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALE 416 Reviews Crompton Greaves Ozone 75-Litre Desert Air Cooler (White/Grey)
- Capacity: 75 Litres; Ideal for room size of upto 550 Sq Ft.
- Product dimensions (LxBxH): 61.0 cm x 40.5 cm x 120.0 cm
- For any product related issues, please contact Crompton Customer care at 1800 419 0505 (9:00 AM to 7:00 PM – Monday to Saturday)
₹ 9,999 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALE 1,605 Reviews Bajaj Platini PX97 Torque 36 Ltrs Room Air Cooler (White)
- Capacity: 36 Litres; Ideal for room size of upto 150 Sq Ft. Suitable for all climates and coastal regions
- Product dimensions (LxBxH): 45.5 cm x 43.5 cm x 82.0 cm
- For any product related issues, please contact_us_on: [ 1800 102 5963 ]
₹ 5,299 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALE 1,214 Reviews Symphony Hicool i 31 Litre Air Cooler with Remote Control (White)
- Cooler type: Personal Cooler; suitable for spot cooling or cooling smaller spaces withing your room
- Capacity: 31 Litres; Ideal for room size of upto 175 Sq Ft.
- Product dimensions (LxBxH): 50.0 cm x 38.0 cm x 91.5 cm
₹ 8,499 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping 6 Reviews Honeywell 10-Litre Air Cooler with Digital Control Panel (White)
- Presenting air cool p10 – A10 litre personal cooler from Honeywell, a fortune 100 company
- Ideal for room size up to 120 sq. Ft automatic louvers provide effective distribution of air throw
- Easy mobility using wheels given on product
₹ 7,790 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALE 89 Reviews Castor Air Cooler 22-Litre 3 Level Speed Inverter Compatible Personal Air Cooler,Dark Blue
- Elegant, Slim & Stylish with Ice chamber
- Mosquito & Dust protection
- 22 Liter Water Tank capacity with 3 Speed Control function
₹ 4,600 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALE 35 Reviews Symphony Siesta 70 Ltrs Air Cooler (White)
- Capacity: 70 Litres; Ideal for room size of upto 370 Sq Ft.
- Product dimensions (LxBxH): 61.8 cm x 50.5 cm x 111.5 cm
- For any product related issues, please contact_us on: [ 07930130111 ]
₹ 13,200 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping SALE 51 Reviews Vistara Nexa Tower Air Cooler 13 Liters Tower Air Cooler with Ice Chamber (White)
- Material: Plastic; Color: White
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 41 cm x 39 cm x 93 cm
- Warranty: 12 Months Manufacturer & Seller Warranty, Manufacture Warranty For Any Manufacturing Defect Only. 750 service centres across India. Call 9136008800 or visit vistarahome.com
₹ 6,999 Check PricePrice incl. tax, excl. shipping
Top 10 Best Air Coolers in India Reviews
Symphony Diet 12T 12-litre Air Cooler
A perfect compact solution for summers, Symphony Diet is an efficient appliance for day-to-day usage. The fan of the cooler works efficiently and the speed can be altered between high, medium and low as per your requirement. The cost-effective appliance lets you enjoy summers in a cooler way.
Symphony Diet air cooler uses dura pump technology which enhances its durability and ensures a long-lasting life. The high quality honeycomb cooling pads of the cooler ensures better cooling. The compact, multi-functional device has wheels which makes it easy to revolve around your place. The best part about these coolers is that it can run on inverter as well. It ensures that your home will remain cool during power cut as well. Symphony, known as best air cooler brand has following features.
- Dimensions: The dimensions of the air cooler are 30 x 84.5 x 33 cm. The fan diameter is 18 cm and it weighs around 7.7 kg.
- Water capacity: The water tank can hold up to 12 liter of water in one go.
- Coverage area: The white colored 12-litre cooler can cover an area of 100 square feet.
- Power consumption: It consumes a power of 170W.
- Other features: The air cooler includes special features like mosquito and dust net, auto louver movement, multi-directional castor wheels and ice chamber.
What are Air Coolers?
Air coolers are electric appliances which cool air through the evaporation of water. They work by using water, stored in an internal water tank, to supply a filter that the hot air is drawn through and subsequently cooled before being returned to the room. Typically they will lower the room temperature by 2 to 3 degrees.
Advantages of Air Coolers
They are relatively cheaper and cost effective than ACs. They are usually in every man’s budget. They consume less power which helps in saving electricity expenses. They are easy to install and don’t need servicing unlike ACs.
They are portable. The best thing I like about air coolers is that they don’t emit CFCs and other harmful gases into the environment thus don’t add to global warming. Air coolers are your best bet if you live in a hot and dry place. However, if you live in a humid place, then go with an air conditioner.
What to look for in an Air Cooler
While buying an air cooler, one should keep in mind that size of the air cooler matters a lot. One should select the air cooler depending on their size of the room. Also, one should know about the features of air cooler before buying.
Air cooler should be positioned in front of the window. If the air is hotter, the evaporation is faster. Thus, cooler air is blown out by the fan. In order to create good ventilation in the room, the humidity needs to be pushed out. The windows of the room must be open for this purpose. But one should take care that they aren’t opened too wide because it will only result in an increase in room temperature.
Adding ice to the water is also an effective way to increase the efficiency of cooling. There are ice compartments in some coolers for this purpose. The pads get cooler by adding ice to the water. Hence, cool air passes through them. This is only effective if one is seated at a very close distance to the cooler. Ice won’t help on a long run for decreasing the humidity or temperature in the room. The addition of too much ice can also result in slowing down of the evaporation process. So, one must understand when to put ice cubes in the air cooler. When the temperature is at its peak, the ice will prove to be effective. It’s important to take good care of the air cooler.
One must clean the cooling pads of the cooler for a good performance. The cooling pads collect pollen and dust over time, hence it is important to clean them. They should be cleaned once in a week with the help of a brush.If the dust accumulated on the cooling pad is too much, it would be ideal to get them replaced. It is very important to keep the water tank clean. One should make sure that there aren’t any leaks. Frequently cleaning the fan blades will ensure that the air coolers will be at the highest efficiency. The air cooler should be serviced regularly so that it would last for a long time.
A way to ensure instant cooling is by letting the pump run when the tank is being filled with water. The water will run through the cooling pads by the pump. This allows them to soak water beforehand. After the tank is full, you can run the fan. After turning it on, it would help the air cooler in the cooling process. The efficiency of the air conditioning can also be increased by other things too. For avoiding the heat from entering the room, the drapes must be shut. Lights and other appliances should also be switched off. The air cooler must be installed in the right way for effective cooling.
Types of Air coolers
The desert cooler and room cooler are the 2 types of an air cooler. Both types of coolers work in the same way. But there are some features which set them apart.
It takes in the air from outside and is usually fitted outside a window. The Fan in Desert cooler is used as an exhaust. But it requires more power, water, and space compared to room air coolers. If one is looking for an air cooler to combat extreme heat, then the desert cooler will be an ideal option.
It is less powerful than the desert cooler. It is placed on a trolley for moving it around. It is kept inside the room. The air is forced out by the fan in this cooler. The Room cooler is ideal for small rooms, this type of air coolers are generally used in households.
Now, one must have obtained the knowledge about selecting the best air cooler for their household. Why wait then? You should definitely consider buying an air cooler now. The air cooler is a technological invention made to have cool air in a room, office, shop or any area. One should be able to blend in with the modern world of technology. The air cooler is a very useful invention and everyone must make use of it.
If one is looking for the best air cooler brand, then you can look into the list we have provided below. If you are planning to buy something new this year, it can be a new car, television, mobile or anything which provides satisfaction or saves time. So why not buy a new air cooler this year? Assuming that you have decided to buy a new air cooler, then you can consider buying the best air cooler in India 2018. So here are the top 10 Best Air coolers in India.